Valentine’s Day is coming! Let’s spread the love this month and get crafty!
As you’re gathering treats for your sweetie, and lovies for your kiddos, here’s a fun simple project to make at home, consisting of hearts, hearts, and more hearts! So, without further ado, here is the Hanging Valentine Flower Project!
-red/pink construction paper
-fun patterned paper
- Divide construction paper into 4 even strips (I would suggest making the strips from a horizontal or ‘hot dog’ oriented paper)
- Cut the strips, being careful to keep them as even as possible.
- Fold each strip in half
- Gently curve the edges of the fold back to the crease of the fold, creating a heart shape.
- Tape the bottom the heart, making sure the middle crease is connected to the tape as well. Do this for each strip.
- Now that you have four little hearts, begin taping the sides of the hearts to each other, using double sided tape or a folded piece of tape. Do this until all the hearts are connected.
- Take the first and fourth heart and tape them together in such a way that the hearts resemble a circular accordion, or, oddly enough, a flower.
- Draw and cut a 1” heart shape from a piece of patterned paper that coordinates with the color of your flower.
- Glue the small patterned heart to the center of your flower.
- Attach a ribbon, one end in between the second and third ‘petals’, and the other end between the eighth and first ‘petals’, so that the flower hangs evenly.
**Alternate idea: if you have some thin, sturdy wire available, attach to the back of the flower to create a stem for your flower! Make a whole bouquet!**
Enjoy, and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Leave a Reply