Last edited on: March 20, 2014.
Roasted Rainbow Carrots & Green Squash
Author: Erica Galindo
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots & Green Squash
- 2 lbs Fresh Rainbow Carrots
- 6 Extra Fancy Green Squash
- 1½ tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450º. Rinse, trim & pat dry carrots & squash. Slice & quarter lengthwise all the vegetables so you have nice long strips about ½ inch thick.
- In a large stainless steel roasting pan toss the them evenly with half the EVOO, salt & pepper. Depending on the size of your pan, you might need two pans so the veggies can be spread out flat on the pan. Reserve the squash.
- Roast the carrots for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, turning them frequently so they don’t burn. The last 15 minutes, add the squash, tossing them in with the carrots. Cook until the carrots are golden brown on edges. Arrange in vertical pattern on plate, salt & pepper to taste.