This is a classic Italian style dish that is surprisingly light and easy to make. If you’re trying to stay in shape, you will love this high protein low carb recipe. Perfect for summertime, the combination of the fresh cool salad with the crispy golden brown chicken breast is magic. The chicken is mouthwatering when pan seared to perfection!
Keep in mind the boxed coating for seafood works great on chicken and pork also. Bon Appetit!
Erica Galindo is the Founder, and Editor in Chief, of the Christian Women’s Magazine ~Sonoma Christian Home.com
to the love of her life, Erica lives with her husband David and their sixteen- year-old son Jack, in beautiful Sonoma County, California. Erica is a passionate home chef. She loves entertaining and reinventing classic recipes with her unique brand of Sonoma style home cooking. Her life was changed forever in 2001, when she became a Christian.
Love Sonoma Christian Home? SIGN UP TODAY for the SCH E-Newsletter with weekly highlights – it’s Free!
- 4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups McCormick Seafood Fry Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch fresh baby arugula roughly chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese for topping
- 1 lemon
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Tenderize the cutlets with a meat pounder until thin and even. Beat two eggs in a bowl.
- Dip cutlets into egg wash and dredge in the coat mix.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Shake off extra coating and pan fry the cutlets in hot oil until both sides are golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice on the top of the second side of each cutlet. Remove from heat and set aside in a warm place.
- Place arugula, tomato and garlic into a bowl. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar, add salt and pepper. Toss gently so that the salad is evenly coated.
- Place the chicken breast on the center of a pre-warmed plate. Top it with a generous portion of the salad mixture.
- Cut remaining half lemon into thin round slices and garnish each plate.
- Optional topping - finish with a generous toppling of shaved Parmigianno Regianno cheese. Bon Appetit!