Last edited on: March 27, 2012.
Creamy Whipped Potatoes with Creme Fraiche
Author: Erica Galindo
- Creamy Whipped Potatoes with Creme Fraiche
- 6 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter
- 8 oz creme fraiche
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- An electric mixer
- In a large stock pot, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes; be careful not to overcook. Fully drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, butter, creme fraiche, onion & garlic powder and cook over moderate heat until the butter is melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a plastic or metal bowl, start by whipping the potatoes at a low speed. Once the potatoes are crumbly add the cream mixture. Whip together slowly at first, turning up the speed, until thick. The potatoes are done when they are a creamy consistency.