Last edited on: November 25, 2011.
Oregon Peas with Tarragon Butter, Fennel & Herbs
Author: Erica Galindo
Recipe type: Side
- 3 10 oz bags of Stahlbush Oregon Frozen Peas (or any sweet peas available at your local grocery)
- 3 tbsp Rice Oil (available at most specialty or Asian markets)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh fennel bulb
- 1½ tbsp finely chopped dill & tarragon
- ½ tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat the rice oil in stainless steel saute pan on medium low heat, saute fennel for 3-5 minutes, until tender. Add the peas, wine and salt & pepper. Saute just long enough to keep the veggies al dente, about 10 -12 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan heat the butter on med low with the herbs for approximately 2 min. Add the herb butter to the peas the last 2 to 4 minutes of cooking. Lightly season with salt & pepper to taste.