Deviled eggs have long been a standard favorite of mine for entertaining. By adding these amazing applewood smoked olives to this classic recipe, you’ll get a smooth and creamy bite of smokey California flavor wrapped in a velvet pillow of a soft and creamy filling. I’m sure you will get hooked. Make these Best Deviled Eggs with Applewood Smoked Olives be your new secret weapon at your next pot luck!
I can usually find these olives on sale at Raley’s for $4.99, but they can also be found at Safeway and Oliver’s Market.
For another great recipe with this secret ingredient – check out my Filet of Sole with Capers and Smoked Olives.
- 1 dozen organic eggs
- 3½ tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- ¾ cup Applewood Smoked Olives, chopped, plus extra slices for garnish* available at gourmet and specialty food stores
- 1 tsp salt and dash of fresh pepper
- 1 small bunch long chives, 1-2 tbsp chopped fine, several stems for garnish
- 6 Radishes with leaves, sliced in half with leaves in tact for garnish
- smoked paprika for garnish
- Hard boil eggs in boiling water for 16 minutes. Remove from pot, place in bowl and chill for at least 45 minutes in refrigerator.
- Under cold running water, gently remove shells, then cut eggs into perfect halves. Gently remove yolks and place them in a mixing bowl. Break down the yolks with a large fork until they become crumbly.
- Blend together egg yolks, mayo, mustard, chopped olives, and salt and pepper.
- Using a large spoon, carefully stuff the egg whites with the filling and arrange on a decorative serving platter alternating with the halved radishes. Wipe off any spills from the egg whites so that the filling is only in the center.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of the smoked paprika and chopped chives across center of the filling. Place one slice of olive in each egg. Garnish with two long sprays of chives in an X pattern on top and serve. Bon Appetit!